Recipe for Chocolate Popcorn
In this Recipe for Chocolate Popcorn we actually give you two great recipes and complete instructions for fantastic chocolate covered popcorn that you can make at home. This is so easy you can make it with your kids; it only has 10 steps! However, the results are professional quality chocolate covered popcorn that you can give as gifts!
As with all of our recipes, they are suitable if you use a popcorn maker machine.
These two recipes give you the basic idea on how to make chocolate covered popcorn and chocolate drizzle popcorn. you can substitute your favorite types of chocolate for the types we used and you can really get creative! I really like to make the caramel popcorn, that we give you a link to above, as a base and then make 2 different chocolate coatings. Also try to jazz it up a little. Chocolate covered popcorn sprinkles with sea salt before the chocolate hardens is fantastic!
Recipe #1 – White chocolate covered Popcorn
- 1 bag of plain popcorn (about 12 cups) – or you can buy pre-popped popcorn or pop it from kernels – its up to you.
- 1.5 cups white chocolate chips (available in most grocery stores)
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 1/4 cup butter
- Preheat your oven to 300F degrees.
- While the oven is preheating Grease a large glass baking pan or roasting pan. I use a 15 inch by 10 inch pan.
- Next Combine the white chocolate chips morsels, corn syrup and butter in a saucepan.
- Then Heat the combined white chocolate, butter and corn syrup over a medium heat, stirring constantly, until it reaches a light boil.
- Carefully Pour the hot white chocolate mix over the popcorn and toss or stir well to coat.
- Bake the coated popcorn, stirring every few minutes for 30 minutes.
- Carefully remove the pan from the hot oven.
- Loosen the white chocolate covered popcorn from the pan and then allow to cool slightly in pan.
- Remove the popcorn and place on a nonstick surface like a wax paper or non stick cookie sheet to cool.
- Once cool serve and eat!
Recipe #2 – Chocolate Drizzle Popcorn
- Recipe Type: Snacks
- Cuisine: American
- Prep time:
- Cook time:
- Total time:
- Serves: 12 cups
- 1 package dark or milk chocolate chocolate morsels (12 ounces)
- 1 package white chocolate morsels (12 ounces)
- 1/4 cp Coconut Oil
- 1/2 cp Popcorn Kernels
- 1/3 cp Brown Sugar (or white if you prefer)
- Salt (to taste – either popcorn salt, sea salt or table salt. About a half teaspoon full is enough for me.
- Heat coconut oil in large popcorn popping pot (it needs a cover) over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add sugar and popcorn kernels
- Stir for 30 seconds to cover kernels with sugar/oil. Put lid on pot.
- Shake the pot as popcorn pops until it slows down then Switch heat to low
- Next Melt white chocolate in microwave safe bowl – on high 30 – 45 seconds until melted
- Now repeat with dark or milk chocolate in a second bowl.
- Remove popped popcorn from heat and pour onto a large cookie sheet in a single layer and sprinkle with salt
- You then drizzle the first chocolate (your pick which one goes first) over the popcorn by pouring it in a fine steam across the popcorn. Pour from the bowl if you are brave or use a big spoon or a funnel with a very small hole. The finer the stream the better it looks so take your time. It takes a little while to get the hang of this
- Then drizzle with the second chocolate.
- Allow to dry a few minutes so its not a sticky mess (I like to put mine in the fridge or even freezer for a minute or two to flash dry the chocolate but it leaves the kernels warm.
- Serve warm or cooled.
OK that’s it for the recipe for chocolate Popcorn ! You should also try some of our other recipe suggestions.